We are excited to conduct The Student Led conference on 15-17 March 2023.
Here is some insight into what Student Led Conference is.
What is a student-led conference? A student-led conference is a preplanned meeting in which students demonstrate responsibility for their academic performance by providing a review of their work portfolio for parents and teachers.
- The student presented their work and is in charge of leading the discussion.
- The teacher acted as a facilitator for the discussion.
- The parents listened and responded to their child about his or her academic and social progress and needs.
During this meeting, the students lead the conference by presenting work samples and discussing their learning, strengths, weaknesses, and progress toward their goals.
Parents and teachers may raise some questions about the child’s work or how he or she feels about the piece of work.
Here are some examples of questions we may ask during the conference:
- What is your favorite subject?
- Why do you like this subject?
- Can you tell me about your work?
- How do you feel about your work? Are you happy with this?
- Which work that you don’t feel happy about?
- Tell me about what you have learned from Mandarin/Music Classes.
- What have you learned from PE class? Can you show me some movement?
- In what areas do you think you need to improve?
- How can we help you with that?
- What makes you most excited about coming to school?
- How would you improve yourself?
Your questions will help your child to explain what they have in their portfolio.
The important part of this process is that parents need to praise and encourage their children in whatever their level is.
See you at the Student-Led Conference!
by Ms Theresia
No responses yet